As the beauty world evolves, skincare companies are also employing cutting-edge methods to formulate products with ground-breaking Ingredients. . However, when it comes to skincare,’ high-end’ isn’t always better. Sometimes, plant based products are just what you need. Natural products are not only effective, they have proven to be even safer and healthier with a long-lasting result. We will be checking out some of the natural Ingredients to look out for in your products.
1. Aloe vera: This is one of the most famous plants used in the formulation of skin care products and little wonder it is first on our list. Aloe vera has been effective in healing burns and wounds, also providing hydration to the skin when applied topically. It is also safe to use on sensitive skins. It is used to fight acne due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
2. Manuka honey: This is another Ingredient you’d almost find everywhere. Manuka honey has been harnessed for its numerous benefits. It delivers an excellent amount of moisture to the skin thereby delaying aging and eradicating wrinkles . It gently sloughs away dead skin cells from the surface of the skin.
Manuka honey helps to sooth a sunburnt skin, and delivers nutrient to damaged tissues
It has anti oxidants and acts a pore cleanser.
Just like aloe vera, It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties and also helps with wound healing.
3. Coconut oil: Being so versatile, it is both ingested and applied topically. Coconut oil offers a great amount of moisture both to the skin and to the hair. It is a great antibiotic and has been effective in fighting off skin diseases such as dermatitis.
4. Shea butter: Shea butter is another ingredient you’d find almost everywhere. It helps to keep the skin moisturized and soft. It is easily absorbed when applied to the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and minimizes irritation. While shea butter cannot be substituted for sunscreen, it also gives added protection from the sun. Shea butter is also used to prevent hair breakage and to eliminate dandruff when you apply it to a dry and irritated scalp.
5. Lemon: So let’s look at it this way…
-Free radicals damage the skin cells, right?
-Antioxidants fight off free radicals.
Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C, an anti-oxidant.
This means Vitamin C is an antioxidant which helps to fight off radicals since anti-oxidants protect the body cells from damage.
Apart from its health benefits, lemon juice is a natural skin lightner. It is a natural exfoliant that can improve skin tone.
Lemon also stimulates the production of Collagen, which is very good for anti-aging, as it strengthens the skin’s elasticity and makes the skin firmer.
6. Avocado : Avocado is made up of healthy fats. Applying avocado on the skin will help to hydrate the skin and keep it soft. It helps retain moisture and consequently help against all signs of aging. It accelerates wound healing and relieves inflammation.
7. Green tea: Notable for its soothing and calming abilities, it also helps to improve the appearance of a sun damaged skin and also helps to maintain a plump and youthful skin with its anti aging effects.
8. Cinnamon: This isn’t just a complexion booster, it helps with oil control and also gently exfoliates. Also anti-inflammatory, it eliminates discolorations and redness on the skin. It also has antibacterial effects to help fight off acne-causing bacteria on the skin.
9. Rosewater: This Ingredient is good for the overall health of the skin and can be used by any skin type. It helps to soothe an irritated or inflammed skin. It is effective in fighting off bacteria causing acne. It is rich in antioxidants to help nourish the skin. It is a natural antiseptic and used as a cleanser. It brings back a dull skin to life.
10. Almond oil: Whether you want to reduce puffiness, dark circles around the eye or you want to reduce appearance of scars, this is a great choice. A great moisturizer, almond oil also reverses sun damages and improves skin tone.